November 6, 2017
Hain Celestial Canada Invests in Quinte West – Creating Jobs and Boosting Economic Growth –Ontario is partnering with Hain Celestial Canada to help the company establish a new manufacturing plant in Quinte West and create 26 new jobs in the region.
Hain Celestial Canada is a leading food manufacturer that produces a wide range of natural, organic food and personal care products. The company sells products for more than 25 brand names including, Celestial Seasonings Tea, Yves Veggie Cuisine, Terra Chips, Tilda rice and Live Clean personal care products. The products are sold in major grocery chains, natural food, and club stores across North America.
With support from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the company will establish a 35,000 square foot plant in Quinte West, its second manufacturing site in Ontario. Hain Celestial Canada will also purchase new equipment for blending, cooking and packaging. These enhancements will allow the company to meet growing demand for its products. Investing in eastern Ontario businesses is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
- Hain Celestial Canada is a subsidiary of The Hain Celestial Group, Inc., based in New York, with manufacturing plants in British Columbia and Mississauga.
- Ontario is investing $1,390,200 from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, supporting a company investment of $8,539,960. The project is expected to be completed by June 2020.
- Since 2013, the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund and Eastern Ontario Development Fund have helped to create and retain over 48,000 jobs and have attracted approximately $2.3 billion in private sector investment. The funds cover up to 15 per cent of eligible project costs, with the recipient company funding the remainder from its own resources.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Eastern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs. Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, food processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Ontario’s five-year, $650-million Business Growth Initiative is helping to grow the economy and create jobs by promoting an innovation-based economy, helping small companies scale up and modernizing regulations for businesses
“Our support for Hain Celestial Canada’s new manufacturing site in Quinte West is helping create new jobs and grow the local economy. Our investment in forward-thinking companies like Hain Celestial demonstrates our commitment to fostering new economic opportunities that grow the manufacturing and agri-food sectors in eastern Ontario.”
Minister Responsible for Small Business
“Hain Celestial is a valued employer in Ontario and Canada, and I am very excited the company decided to expand its business right here in Quinte West. This is great news for families in the community, and I look forward to seeing Hain Celestial’s continued growth and success.”
MPP for Northumberland-Quinte West
“Our company is at a pivotal point of growth, and this investment provides us the ability to expand in Ontario. We are confident that the investment we are making in this project will help increase our production capacity and enhance our competitive position.”
CEO, Hain Celestial Canada, ULC
“The City of Quinte West is very pleased to welcome Hain Celestial Canada to our community and we are thankful for the continued support provided by Lou Rinaldi and the EODF program. This is a huge economic boost to our area with the creation of new jobs and the spin-offs that this business will bring to our area is significant.”
Mayor, City of Quinte West
The QEDC was pleased to attend the August 9 2018 Hain Celestial Canada celebration of the start up of its Yves meat...
Hain Celestial Canada Invests in Quinte West - Creating Jobs and Boosting Economic Growth -Ontario is partnering with Hain...