The Quinte Economic Development Commission (QEDC), an incorporated not-for-profit corporation, is a regional economic development organization. We are dedicated to the promotion of economic growth in its member municipalities; the City of Belleville, the Municipality of Brighton and the City of Quinte West.
Our mission is two-fold:
- To encourage the growth and diversification of those specific industry sectors and businesses now established in the area; and
- To market the Bay of Quinte Region in order to attract new sector- targeted firms to locate in the community.
QEDC has a dedicated regional focus on the industrial and technology sectors due to the strong value added and wealth creating benefits from these sectors and the positive impact the retention, expansion and new investment in these sectors creates across other areas of the economy including, retail, service sector, construction, transportation etc. Our sector focus was identified in the Bay of Quinte Target Market Study created by a third party consultant with input from local stakeholders and industry representatives as well with insight from national and international foreign direct investment specialists, sector experts and site selection consultants.
Whether you need to find a suitable property or a government incentive, QEDC is ready to work with you:
- Find an available commercial site or industrial property
- Recruit from a skilled, educated and active labour force
- Understand government incentives and profit from resources that help you innovate or achieve more.
- Get help with compliance issues, or improving processes so you can become more productive.
- Export to new markets or expand your existing facility
- Business counselling and financing