October 20, 2023
The 26th annual Quinte Business Achievement Awards took place at the National Air Force Museum in Quinte West the evening of Thursday, October 19 2023.
The Quinte Business Achievement Awards (QBAA) are presented annually as a celebration of business excellence across the Bay of Quinte region. These awards recognize outstanding businesses, not-for-profit organizations and business leaders in areas such as entrepreneurship, business growth, company practices, product innovations, customer service, stewardship, marketing success and community service.
The Quinte Business Achievement Awards is a completely independent program, open to any business, entrepreneur and not-for-profit organization based in Quinte West, Belleville, Brighton, or Prince Edward County. What continues to make this program so successful are the supporting organizations and participants who recognize the value of a thriving community and who work towards supporting a vibrant local economy.
The organizing committee consists of individuals dedicated to the growth and development of business in the Quinte Region. None of previous year’s winners are eligible to be nominated the following year in any category. Businesses, individuals and organizations from across the Quinte region are nominated by the community. Nominations are based on who demonstrates business excellence and helps showcase the Quinte area as an area for work and living.
153 companies completed the nomination process, showcasing the great diversity and strength Quinte area businesses have. A judging panel reviewed all of the submissions and made the decision on the winner in each category. There were a total of 16 different categories in 2023.
The Quinte Economic Development Commission (QEDC) sits on the event planning committee and was also a Silver Level Sponsor of the event, presenting the 2023 Manufacturing Business of the Year Award to The Machining Center.
The full list of award winners can be seen below.
- Agribusiness of the Year– Willowlee Sod Farms Ltd.
- Health & Wellness Business of the Year- Belleville Integrative Health Centre
- Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year- The Eddie Hotel & Farm
- Manufacturing Business of the Year– The Machining Center
- New Business of the Year- Fawn Over Market
- Not-for-Profit of the Year- The Community Development Council of Quinte
- Tech Sector Company of the Year – ProAngler Fishing App
- Regulated Professions Business of the Year– Presqu’ile Animal Hospital
- Retail Business of the Year– Greenbacks Pawnshop
- Specialized Service Business of the Year– The Richmond Retirement Residence
- Trades/Construction Business of the Year- Floortrends
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year- Taylor Russett
- Sustainability Award- Hockeystick Man
- Trailblazer of the Year- FDF Race Shop
- Business Person of the Year- Lorraine O’Quinn
- Business Excellence of the Year- CpK Interior Products