October 23, 2017
The Bay of Quinte region celebrated “Quinte Business Week’ from October 16 – 20, with the week wrapping up on October 20 with the 2017 Quinte Business Achievement Awards Gala. The Quinte Business Achievement Awards (QBAA) are presented annually as a celebration of business excellence across the Bay of Quinte region. These awards recognize outstanding businesses, not-for-profit organizations and business leaders in areas such as entrepreneurship, business growth, company practices, product innovations, customer service, stewardship, marketing success and community service.
The Quinte Business Achievement Awards is a completely independent program, open to any business, entrepreneur and not-for-profit organization based in Quinte West, Belleville, Brighton, or Prince Edward County. What continues to make this program so successful are the supporting organizations and participants who recognize the value of a thriving community and who work towards supporting a vibrant local economy. The organizing committee consists of individuals dedicated to the growth and development of business in the Quinte Region.
The Quinte Economic Development Commission (QEDC) was a silver sponsor of the event, and Chair Ross Rae presented the Manufacturing / Industrial Business of the Year Award to Electro Cables Inc.
Congratulations to the 2017 QBAA Award Winners as follows:
- Retail Business of the Year: Lafferty’s Crossings
- Hospitality/Tourism Business of the Year: Go Active
- Regulated Professions Business of the Year: Dr. Younes Dental Care Family & Cosmetic Dentistry
- Specialized Service Business of the Year: Get Yoga
- Trade/Construction Business of the Year: Gordon Tobey Developments Ltd.
- Manufacturing/Industrial Business of the Year: Electro Cables Inc.
- New Business of the Year: Barn Own Malt
- Not For Profit of the Year: The Salvation Army Community and Family Service
- Agribusiness of the Year: Pasta Tavola
- Sustainability Award: Parsons Brewing
- Trailblazer of the Year: Sprague Foods Limited
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Tyler Allsopp, Doug’s Bicycle
- Business Person of the Year: Bruce Mackay, Mackay Insurance
- Business Excellence: Alliance Custom Fabrication Inc. – Recipients owners Mike Widdifield and Garnett Mumby
‘Agribusiness of the Year’ award recipient Pasta Tavola shares their story and the benefits of doing business in the Bay of Quinte Region.
The Bay of Quinte region celebrated "Quinte Business Week' from October 16 - 20, with the week wrapping up on October 20...
Residents of the Bay of Quinte area will have seen the ‘Proudly Made In Bay of Quinte’ shelf hangers in local grocery...
When the fourth generation of the Sprague family built their plant in Belleville, Sprague Foods’ historic family business...
Belleville Food Processor Doubles Production
Introducing Sprague Foods, and Why Quinte is Perfect for Business.
Support - 5 Ways Food Processors Increase Profits in the Bay of Quinte