February 1, 2017
When you continue to buy locally made products, you’re sharing your awareness of our manufacturers’ contributions and helping advocate for policies that help Bay of Quinte manufacturers.
Manufacturing consistently brings new money into the region, which is then circulated to other sectors like retail, transportation, construction, service, and ICT, helping create better lifestyles and opportunities for all residents by:
• Offering direct, high quality, high paying jobs;
• Creating more full time jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities;
• Motivating our youth to stay close to home and take world-class training at Loyalist College;
• Provides a source of pride for our friends, family & neighbours
• Allowing the community to offer more leisure and recreation programs.
In the meantime – here are just some of the products produced with pride here in the region (which you can buy at places like Dewe’s, and Smiley’s Independent Grocer) and continue to contribute to Quinte’s renowned prosperity and high-quality living.
High quality goods made by fellow Bay of Quinte residents:
You can buy this locally:
- REIDS’S DAIRY – Ice cream, all kinds of milk, cream—even Eggnog!
- NESTLE – Soups, chili’s & sauces found in some of your favourite restaurants
- HAWKINS W.T. LTD.- Cheezie chips
- KELLOGG’S – Cereals: Froot Loops, Corn Pops, Shredded Mini Wheats, Kashi, All Bran Buds, and Krave
- PARMALAT – BLACK DIAMOND CHEESE DIV.-Black Diamond and Balderson Cheeses, and cheese spread
- RACHEL’S TARTS – Butter tarts and fruit tarts
- PROCTER & GAMBLE – Olay dry daily facial wipes, Always brand incontinence and feminine hygiene products.
- MAPLE DALE CHEESE – Cheese – multiple kinds
- SPRAGUE FOODS – Sprague Brand, soups, sauces and beans
- SAPUTO DAIRY CANADA PRODUCTS CANADA LP – Cheese, mozzarella and parmesan
- HIGH LINE MUSHROOMS – Mushrooms, various types
- STIRLING CREAMERY – Butter
- MILL CREEK FARMS – Bagged summer fresh podded peas
- BLACK RIVER CHEESE – Cheese, multiple kinds and seasonal cheeses
- IVANHOE CHEESE (GAY LEA FOODS) – Cheese – multiple kinds
- DONINI CHOCOLATE LP – Chocolate – multiple kinds
- LA CULTURA SALUMI – Artisan Meats
- MRS B’S COUNTRY CANDY – Old fashioned candy and chocolate
- QUEEN OF THE KITCHEN – Chocolate
- EMPIRE CIDER – Alcoholic Cider
- RED PATH SUGAR – Drink Crystals
- CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING – Boxes- corrugated for store displays
- TRIANGLE FLUID CONTROLS – Various Types of Pump Protection Products – Gaskets/Valves
- IMPACTO PROTECTIVE PRODUCTS – Industrial and Twitten gloves (for touch screens)
- KRUGER PRODUCTS – paper products
Local manufacturers have also become globally competitive by offering rewarding career paths in robotics, high-tech computer programming, and world-class engineering, as well as being quick to adopt technological innovations.
“To find out more about any of these products or the companies that make them, ask QEDC.”
Innovative Tech Company Lynxfield Continues To Choose Bay of Quinte
“Bay of Quinte provides a very high quality of life - people want jobs here and they want to stay here and raise their...
A US team sought local company, Oak Hills Artesian Water, to bring unbottled spring water to North America.